Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

It is finally finished!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Using Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tspain42

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: It is finally finished!! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Very Happy Very Happy This past week has been a week of celebration. The brewery that I have been working on for the last four months is finally completed. Thank you to everyone at The Electric Brewery for all your help during this process. For the most part, the book and instructions could not have been any better. I can understand the amount of work and time that went into writing such a detailed instructional book for all of us to enjoy. So again thank you for putting in the leg work.

I had high expectations for this brewery, not only because Kal and others had promised it, but because I built most of it myself. I'm writing this today to say, I was NOT disappointed. This brewing system performed just like promised and more. I was so amazed at the ease of use, and the professional feeling I had while brewing.

The first beer I brewed with this system was a beer recipe that I hadn't even brewed before. I was commisioned to brew some beer for a brother-in-laws wedding, and one of the request was for a lager. This system did not disappoint. I used Beer Tools Pro to formulate a recipe at 85% efficiency, and the final number said I achieved 97%. Now I know that is high even for the professional breweries, so I will brew another 5-6 batches to see what my actual efficiency is.

I can't express enough how happy I am with this brew setup, and I am told we are the first one in Alaska! Hopefully one day this setup will be the test batch brewery for my full scale brewery.

img_1216.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.82 KB
 Viewed:  17987 Time(s)

img_1216.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  IMG_0106.jpg
 Filesize:  183.75 KB
 Downloaded:  1529 Time(s)

20140112_164515_richtone(hdr).jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  20140112_164515_richtone(hdr).jpg
 Filesize:  358.76 KB
 Downloaded:  1394 Time(s)

20140108_161203.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  20140108_161203.jpg
 Filesize:  417.67 KB
 Downloaded:  1418 Time(s)

20140112_145630_richtone(hdr).jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  20140112_145630_richtone(hdr).jpg
 Filesize:  301.91 KB
 Downloaded:  1442 Time(s)

IMG_2135.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  IMG_2135.jpg
 Filesize:  376.15 KB
 Downloaded:  1391 Time(s)

Drinking: Store bought craft beer

Working on: Ruthless Rye clone!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations mate! It's a great feeling when you finally finish. I finished mine a couple of weeks ago and the first brew will be in the next few days.
And it's awesome that you have the first one in Alaska.
Nice looking brew area you have as well.

Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work! I hope you don't mind but I've added one of your pictures and your text to our testimonials page like so:

Quote:

"This past week has been a week of celebration. The brewery that I have been working on for the last four months is finally completed. Thank you to everyone at The Electric Brewery for all your help during this process. For the most part, the book and instructions could not have been any better. I can understand the amount of work and time that went into writing such a detailed instructional book for all of us to enjoy. So again thank you for putting in the leg work. I had high expectations for this brewery, not only because Kal and others had promised it, but because I built most of it myself. I'm writing this today to say, I was NOT disappointed. This brewing system performed just like promised and more. I was so amazed at the ease of use, and the professional feeling I had while brewing. The first beer I brewed with this system was a beer recipe that I hadn't even brewed before. I was commissioned to brew some beer for a brother-in-laws wedding, and one of the requests was for a lager. This system did not disappoint. I can't express enough how happy I am with this brew setup, and I am told we are the first one in Alaska! Hopefully one day this setup will be the test batch brewery for my full scale brewery." - Thomas S., Anchorage AK (more pictures)

If you ever do get the full scale brewery up and running please let me know and I'll add a link to that as well to help get the word out.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
tspain42

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubleplugga wrote:
Congratulations mate! It's a great feeling when you finally finish. I finished mine a couple of weeks ago and the first brew will be in the next few days.
And it's awesome that you have the first one in Alaska.
Nice looking brew area you have as well.

Thanks Doubleplugga. Good luck with your first brew day. One word of advice, make sure the heating elements are plugged into the correct outlet. Mine were switched. Almost a tragic end to a great day.

Kal thanks again for all your help, and I will let you know when Flying Crown Brewery grows up. Thumbs Up Mug

Drinking: Imperial Brown Ale

Working on: Oatmeal Stout, IPA

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your new build, it looks great! Mug
View user's photo album (6 photos)
Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice looking job. What are you doing for exhaust? Congrats, Castermmt

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castermmt wrote:
Very nice looking job. What are you doing for exhaust? Congrats, Castermmt

Thanks Castermmt,
For ventilation I am using a 42" stainless Broan 500 CFM range hood. I thought about doing the full hood like Kal, but ceiling room was a factor. I've brewed four times and the hood works great. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Using Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: