Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Brewersfriend.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin59

Drinking: Imperial Brown Ale

Working on: Oatmeal Stout, IPA

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
perogi wrote:
Very nice mrjofus1959 - but I really hope they add that feature Smile

p.s. if you like my mL request, please +1 it. I don't want to write, "0.001 L of lactic acid" Smile

I more or less +1d it. Makes perfect sense to me to enter 3ml instead of 0.003 liters.

It's been a frustrating week at work and I think it's bleeding through to the rest of life! Rolling Eyes
View user's photo album (6 photos)
perogi

Drinking: Perogi Pale, NEIPA, Nutter's Crossing Nut Brown Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter Clone

Working on: Max's Maibock

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bud!
-MG-

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could use some support on their forum to get that water changed over to gallons. Since most of us have a similar setup as Kal's, most of our numbers are based on gallons! I'm tired of dividing by 4!

http://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=398/#a_aid=5982783965026

Drinking: Perogi Pale, NEIPA, Nutter's Crossing Nut Brown Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter Clone

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-MG- wrote:
I could use some support on their forum to get that water changed over to gallons. Since most of us have a similar setup as Kal's, most of our numbers are based on gallons! I'm tired of dividing by 4!

http://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=398/#a_aid=5982783965026

Agreed -
fireguy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I have also recently switched over to using brewers friend. I find it very detailed in many ways. The water calculator is extensive and seems a bit more reliable to me than EZ calc. One part of it that I'm a bit confused about is the 4 different types of efficiency they work with. In the recipe editor the efficiency is based on the total brew house efficiency. I know I've read in the past kal that your efficiency is mash or maybe lauter efficiency but not brewhouse. So what do you put in this box with your recipes based at 95% mash efficiency. Also when you say 95% efficiency how is that calculated. I'm not overly worried about what I'm loosing and that I'm not getting 95% efficiency on the new system cause I've only done 3 brews so far. I just want to make sure that when I put together a recipe I use the correct efficiency or scale it properly. To do that I need to be comparing apples to apples. There is a good thread on brewersfriend forum that talks a bit about it. Just want to comfirm it from your end.

http://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=474/#a_aid=5982783965026

Matt
perogi

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 84 and it's working great for me. As has been discussed in other threads, consistency is important more than hitting the 95%+ mark. At least the brew you are trying to create will turn out the way you designed it!

Hope this alleviates any concerns.
iBrewBeer

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started putting my recipes into BrewersFriend - I must say it is pretty great so far. I am and have been using iBrewMaster and while I like the ability to have iPhone/iPad app, I have been using my phone and my MacBook/iMac mostly lately and less of my iPad - I bought the iPad version of iBrewMaster and like that I can have BrewersFriend anywhere.

I'm looking forward to hopefully brewing in a week with my new system and software.... Not to mention my new conical
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Brewers friend and thought you should know development is starting back again and the prices have changed recently, lifetime membership is back too

https://www.brewersfriend.com/#a_aid=5982783965026

Link changed to support this website - thank you for supporting us!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: