Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Brew Sheet

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddc69

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Brew Sheet Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have been working on this sheet for a while to do my own calculations and design beers without using a software package. I thought I would post it for others to check out. Very Geeky, I admit, but I wanted to understand how the calcs were done and validate software programs such as Beersmith. There are instructions and in-document hyperlinks in the instructions on how to use the sheets. Again, maybe a little too Geekish and no-one may care, but I thought I would share my work for others to play around with.

I had to save this as a macro free file to attach to site so sort and print macro will not work from download but you can get the "jist" of it.

Copy of BATCH NOTES v4 wo macros.xlsx
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Copy of BATCH NOTES v4 wo macros.xlsx
 Filesize:  97.24 KB
 Downloaded:  1030 Time(s)

View user's photo album (1 photos)
huaco

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are basically formulating your own version of BeerSmith?
That is a crazy spreadsheet man! I'm impressed. (this coming from a 'non-spreadsheet guy'...)
View user's photo album (10 photos)
g8tors

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. I love doing things like this with Excel. Have you done any visual basic programming in Excel? Some pretty cool thing you can do I'm learning.

Scott
huaco

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good grief! You can program in excel??
View user's photo album (10 photos)
ddc69

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still use beersmith for a lot of things but wanted something I could use on my own and fully understand what was going on behind the scenes. I learned a lot researching the data while building it.

I'm not the best vb programmer so I haven't tried too much on that end yet.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Science All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: