Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Complete panel wiring drawing of a modified Kal clone

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyGunn

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Complete panel wiring drawing of a modified Kal clone Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
As the subject suggests...I've drawn up a complete "diagram" of my control panel. I'm not sure if anyone else will find this useful or not, but I drew this up in my free time for my own use, and I thought I'd share. As you will clearly see it's not an engineered drawing, nor is it a professional wiring schematic, it is simply a full system layout of the wiring for the control panel to make it easier on me when I'm wiring. Instead of flipping through webpages, I wanted something to hang over the workbench that I can easily follow.

My modified Kal clone uses Sestos PID's (D1S-VR), a Sestos Timer (B2E), and an XMT-7100 PID (eBay special) to be used simply as a thermometer that can be used anytime in the brewing process to take quick measurements. Like I said, this is my version of Kal's amazing work, so it's missing a few things like the Amp/Volt meters (so no transformers or adjustable DC power supplies), the alarm on/off selector for the MLT PID, the safe start interlock and the MLT PID. I also used a combo buzzer/light for the alarm and illuminated selector switches for the wort/water pumps.

I haven't actually finished the wiring yet on my panel, but I expect to do so in the next little while (having 2 kids under the age of 4 has seriously cut into my brewing time!!).

It is a .pdf that is 21.5" X 17" (but can be scaled nicely to fit on a Tabloid sheet 11"x17"), but since it was done in Visio I can see about uploading it in .vsd if people ask for it.

Also, if you spot any issues with the diagram, let me know and I'll update it.

Thanks guys.

JohnnyGunn

Drawing4.pdf
 Description:
Full control panel wiring drawing

Download
 Filename:  Drawing4.pdf
 Filesize:  80.48 KB
 Downloaded:  2523 Time(s)

Ben58

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bit of work on that diagram. Thumbs Up
JohnnyGunn

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much.
Tesladriver

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Wiring Diagram Reply with quote

Would love the Visio version of your diagram...nice work!!
JohnnyGunn

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running into a small problem uploading that file...mediafire is blocked at work, and imageshack won't accept Visio files, anyone know of another online service I could use to serve up that diagram in .vsd format?

If not, it'll have to wait until the weekend before I have some free time in the evening to do it from home.

Thanks all.

JohnnyGunn Mug
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attach it here. I just added .VSD as a file type that is allowed.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
JohnnyGunn

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauty! Thanks Kal!

Here it is folks! Enjoy!

Drawing4.vsd
 Description:
Visio wiring drawing

Download
 Filename:  Drawing4.vsd
 Filesize:  293.5 KB
 Downloaded:  1181 Time(s)

Tesladriver

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGun, very NICE work! I'm building the 50A controller version for my son and if its OK with you I will modify your file to reflect the changes and post for everyone...
JohnnyGunn

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tesladriver Thank you very much! No problem at all...this isn't my work...all I did was put it into a different format. Kal is the one that gets the credit.
Frank

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Tesladriver Any progress on that wiring diagram for 50A system? I am doing the same and would like to check it out if possible. Cheers!
JohnnyGunn

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I need to make one adjustment to the drawing.

If you're using the Sestos B2E timer, the timer alarm on/off switch needs to be wired differently than in the diagram: the hot line going from the selector switch to pin 8, actually should be going to pin 6.

If you wire it according to my drawing, the buzzer/light will sound and flash as the timer is counting down, and turn off once the timer reaches zero.

Hope that helps. I'll hopefully get that change updated tomorrow.

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: