Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

The Electric Brewery: Transportable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jphussey

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: The Electric Brewery: Transportable? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
For Kal et. al,

Have any of you had to move your Electric Brewery? I imagine, just from thinking this through, the biggest PITA is the ventilation stuff. Having to move the hood and vents, etc.

Kal I think I read that you were in the process of relocating your brewery to a new home. Would be interested in any observations from you or others who have done this?

I move quite a bit and am weighing my options here. I guess I could go with some sort of 'on wheels' table and just use the electric brewery outside? Does the control panel just plug into a standard outlet on a 30A circuit?

Edit: found your brewery 2.0 post Kal.

Thanks,
Jason
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean moveable as in take it somewhere else and brew there then it's not as portable as gas. You can't brew out in a field somewhere. Local brewers around here do get together once a year to brew and luckily the place we use as a few 30A and 50A outlets so that works. (Though I've missed it 2 years in a row now for various reasons... I always did intend to bring my setup and brew, borrowing a sturdy table was really all I needed).

If you mean moving houses then yes, the ventilation can be the biggest PITA, depending on how it's done. In my case my hood vent exhaused out the front since in my previous house I had a really low ceiling. In the new house I wanted to exhaust out the top so long story short, I ended having a new hood vent built. Everything else about the setup is staying the same since it work well. I have no desire to change anything.

The Standard Control Panel works off a 30A/240V dryer outlet. That's all you need. Brewing outdoors means no hood fan required. If you move a lot it just means you're moving 3 large kettles, a table, the control panel, and few other pieces. Really no different than moving the rest of the things in your house. The 30A outlet is the only issue. If you're near your clothes dryer, you can build an extension cord.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
jphussey

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I meant moving houses mostly. So when you're brewing in your garage (or were), did you just open the doors and go hoodless? Did you put your brewstand on wheels? Or is that just elevated on rigid posts?

Thanks for all the quick replies - hope it wasn't all duplicate information! I'm reading through your post about your new build but some of these are LONG!
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jphussey wrote:
Yea I meant moving houses mostly. So when you're brewing in your garage (or were), did you just open the doors and go hoodless?

Yup. I needed to use a fan blowing near the ceiling to avoid condensation forming on the ceiling. Otherwise I was fine.

Quote:
Did you put your brewstand on wheels? Or is that just elevated on rigid posts?

No wheels. It was the same brew stand I have in my instructions. I have (had) no reason to wheel it around.

Quote:
Thanks for all the quick replies - hope it wasn't all duplicate information! I'm reading through your post about your new build but some of these are LONG!

Yup, there's a lot of stuff in there. A real brain dump on my part, often for me to keep track of the decisions that were made. I find myself going back to stuff I wrote quite a bit as I have a memory like a sieve. I was mounting my control panel in the new brewery 2 nights ago and had to go back to my build instructions to remind myself how I did it the first time. Wink

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: