Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

First extract batch, couldn't have been easier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Kit, Extract, & Partial Grain Brewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grandequeso

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: First extract batch, couldn't have been easier. Reply with quote

Been using my electric brewery for close to two years now. I've never messed around with making beer from extract before. I usually keep betwwen 15 to 20 gals in my kegerator or fermenter. Things got away from me and I ran completely out of beer. I kept putting off brewing as it's hard to get 5 or so hours away from my family responsibilities. Today I had a couple free hours and broke down and went the way of the extract. I couldnt believe how easy it was. I was a little worried that the malt extract was going to goo up my hop stopper, but that never happened. Best part about it was from the time I put water in the boil kettle to the time I put the chilled wort into my ferment fridge was around 2 hours or less. I filled my hlt with the waste water from chilling my wort then I used that same water to clean my boil kettle. Now I'm contemplating changing my contoller to run both elements at once so I can boil a extract batch while I'm mashing a all grain batch. It would be great to get two batches in within the time of one normal batch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Kit, Extract, & Partial Grain Brewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: