Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Chocolate Blonde Ale

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hickster88

Drinking: 5 on tap at the moment

Working on: Mango milkshake IPA

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Chocolate Blonde Ale Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Had a beer several times from Walter Paytons Roundhouse in Aurora Illinois. It is now owned by Two Brothers Brewing. The last head brewer actually shared his recipe. The recipe for 15 gallons calls for 1.5 oz chocolate extract. Not sure when it's supposed to be added. Boil? Last 5 min.? Secondary. Anyone have any experience with it.

Thanks, John

chamje

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with this exact recipe, but I have brewed many similar blondes while adding the extract with 15 minutes left in the boil to great success.

What results is a very present chocolate hit on the front-end. I also have started adding lactose for priming to get a creamy mouthfeel/flavor.
hickster88

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. What kind of ratio of chocolate extract have you used. OZ to gallons of wort?

Thanks, John

hickster88

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brewed it once and boiled the extract for the full boil time and it was weak in chocolte flavor. I suppose I boiled it all away?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: