Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Electric Brewery Directory
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StapletonBrewing

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Electric Brewery Directory Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
UPDATE: TO SEE THE MAP OR ADD YOURSELF, SEE HERE:

https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=201477387192629241892.0004c1cda4222ff30ae42&msa=0

----------------------------------------------

Kal (and others) -

Not sure what you think of this, but how about a directory (via this thread) of where "Kal-clone" electric breweries are located? I'm sure that those of us in the planning stages would LOVE to know if someone nearby had already gone through the build process so that we might be able to visit and check out how the brewery works in person.

Of course if someone is near Denver I'd be happy to bring along some non-electric homebrew as payment for a look-see...
benoitbo

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea, you can look in the Memberlist where people have included their location. I`ve seen sites using google map API for that.

I`m in South of Quebec if anyone wants to come take a look.

**Edit**
Postal Code: J0B 2H0

Cheers

Control Panel Ready, Kettles Ready, Pumps Ready. First Dry Run. Working on the Hood and fermentation Chamber.

Last edited by benoitbo on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
huaco

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea...
I am not quite done with mine yet but would be more than willing to help anyone down the road. I am an hour west of Fort Worth, TX. Out in the stix! U.S. Zip Code 76462

Not sure I would want my EXACT location pinned on a Google map out in space for all to see though. Zip codes should be close enough for one to get an idea of where a brewery is located in respect to their location.
View user's photo album (10 photos)
kellzey

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be glad to "share" the info and have someone come see the setup and ask questions.

Zip = 32832

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benoitbo wrote:
I love the idea, you can look in the Memberlist where people have included their location.

I had searched the member directory and noticed how many members have no location listed. There's also no way to know who has an electric brewery already setup (as opposed to those of use just starting to learn). This forum (and the whole site) is an incredible resource, but there's nothing better than a little hands on experience!

huaco wrote:
Not sure I would want my EXACT location pinned on a Google map out in space for all to see though.

I totally agree. I'd be happy with a simple city and state...

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Brewery Directory Reply with quote

StapletonBrewing wrote:

Of course if someone is near Denver I'd be happy to bring along some non-electric homebrew as payment for a look-see...

I'm in Evergreen, Co with a kal clone and accept beer payments for tours!
kckarch

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished mine in the l.a area. Would be more then happy to have visitors or vice versa.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea!

So I created a Google Maps that's shared openly (public) I think which I'm hoping people can stick pins into showing their location (?):

https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=201477387192629241892.0004c1cda4222ff30ae42&msa=0

I'm not sure how to stick a pin in it however and name it as me. Does it work for you guys? I managed to get a pin with "Ottawa, Ontario" stuck in there but I'd like to put my name and possible email or something to make this useful.

I will not be adding customers however for privacy reasons. Anyone who wants to add themselves will have to do it themselves.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:40 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
huaco

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out how to add pins to it. Also, When the map comes up from your link, it is zoomed in tight to Ottawa. Would be cool to have it zoomed out to show N. American continent.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't get it either.

I found some instructions that say you basically say to:

1. Use the search box to locate your city, state, and country.
2. On the marker that appears, you’ll see a link that says ’Save to My Maps‘ within the bubble.
3. Click the link and select the <write here the name of the shared map>.
4. Put your name as the title for the marker, and within the bubble provide whatever info you’d like.

At step 2 I see "Save to map" (not "save to my maps").
When I click the link I don't get anything that lets me put in my own name, contact info, etc.

I think it'll also zoom out as soon as people start adding pins in order to show all pins. Right now my pin doesn't have my name on it or anything (which is somewhat useless if you're trying to find who it is / how to contact them).

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
benoitbo

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map works, I`ve added mine. simply click the "add placemark" icon. We can even use color code of the placemark.

suggestion on color code..

Green could mean fully in function
Yellow in testing phase
red in building phase

Control Panel Ready, Kettles Ready, Pumps Ready. First Dry Run. Working on the Hood and fermentation Chamber.
benoitbo

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal is right, when people will add more "placemark" it will zoom out.

1. When you click on the link you should see a bit Edit red button in the left pane. (you might have to bin logged in google for that to appear not sure)
2. Once you`ve click "Edit" 3 icons appear on top of the map. One`s the Placemark icon. Move the map to your location drag the placemark and then an edit window appear where you can add your details like name of the placemark and description. you can even change the color or the pin.

huaco

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it figured out...
May I make a suggestion for a "Sticky" on this so that it does not get lost in the heap of threads.
Spike Innovations
TheElectricBrewery.com manufacturer

Working on: Your Brewery!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made myself a special 'thumb pin' as Kal did (because I'm cool like that) Cool

And yes, even after over a year of building everyone else's systems I still do not have on up and running yet (no time to build/brew!)

Mike

Drinking: Pinot barrel aged quad

Working on: Flanders oude bruin in barrel, Flanders red fermenting to refill the barrel

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.k., I admit it. I screwed up the main title and description. I tried to exit away from the page without saving changes, but it still changed them. Please restore to the text you want Kal.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. I just added two in Somerville, MA. Mine and one at Artisan's Asylum.

I was able to place them by searching the location, clicking the marker and choosing save to map. An info box will appear near the top of the map with a link that says "view map." Click that and you'll see a big red EDIT button on the left. Click that, then click your new pin and you'll see options to edit the title and the description. When you're done make sure you click SAVE on the left.
huaco

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is just cool... We have "crossed the pond" on the map now!
Fatbaldingoldgit

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup..it was tricky but finally got it sussed!....hey, we're almost global now.....
View user's photo album (3 photos)
Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just added mine. Pretty easy but may take a few minutes.

Drinking: Perogi Pale, NEIPA, Nutter's Crossing Nut Brown Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter Clone

Working on: Max's Maibock

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benoitbo wrote:
Kal is right, when people will add more "placemark" it will zoom out.

1. When you click on the link you should see a bit Edit red button in the left pane. (you might have to bin logged in google for that to appear not sure)
2. Once you`ve click "Edit" 3 icons appear on top of the map. One`s the Placemark icon. Move the map to your location drag the placemark and then an edit window appear where you can add your details like name of the placemark and description. you can even change the color or the pin.

^--- this is what helped me get it done Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: