Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

What would you like to see in Control Panel kits?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennisdk2000

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
At the moment I'm a "dreamer" due to space restraints, but options 1, 2 and 5 seem the best to me. On a slightly different note, would it be possible to offer "custom" kits? I don't feel the need for an amp or a volt meter, so would want to leave these out and do a re-jig of the lay-out. In such cases, and in case people want to do a control panel with fewer components, would it be possible to offer alternative sizes of cabinets? Another way would be to sell all the components (or the ones required) and then source the cabinet seperately; only then we're back to the issue of milling all the holes...

I'd like to hear your thoughts; also, are anyone else interested in alternative cabinets/kit modifications?

Dennis
MishaBrewer

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: My 2 cents... Reply with quote

Another first-time poster. I've been watching this site develop since Kal's first post to HBT. Very Happy Currently saving up to get the CP; I hope to be able to get there later this year. (First, I have to buy a house, then I have to sell the current one...)

Personally, I like the looks of options 2 and 3. I've got a pretty decent pile of tools, so sealing the panel & grinding/filing the screws isn't a deal breaker, but having the holes cut would be really nice.

Keep up the great work!

--Misha
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.

At the moment we're not offering anything other then option 1 (no pre-work done at all) and option 6 (A completely built tested, and programmed control panel).

These are the two options that people seem to want the most.

The amount of work required to offer the other options drives the price up too much.

This may of course change in the future with the new CNC machining/tools being used now.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
dennisdk2000

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fair point - price is going to be a issue. I can't remember if I already mentioned it, but at the moment I haven't got the space for a proper set-up, so I'll continue to dream! Maybe when it comes to me actually setting up things will have changed. Very Happy Keep up the good work though!

Dennis
MishaBrewer

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

At the moment we're not offering anything other then option 1 (no pre-work done at all) and option 6 (A completely built tested, and programmed control panel).

These are the two options that people seem to want the most.

The amount of work required to offer the other options drives the price up too much.

This may of course change in the future with the new CNC machining/tools being used now.

Kal

No problem; it's quite understandable. Heck, all other things being equal, either option you're currently offering is still the best thing going. Thanks for what you're doing here (with the equipment, support, and write-up)!

--Misha
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: