Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Delete posts & photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparky

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Delete posts & photos Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I am trying to delete some of my previous posts but there is no option. I go into edit and there is no "delete post." I want to clean up one of my threads.

Also, I attach a photo and it does not show up. This is from a file, not a URL. Why doesn't it show up on the page. A person has to download it?
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Users can't delete their own posts, that's by design (not mine). You can edit the contents however.

I'm not sure what you mean by photos that don't show up.
Can you give me more details or a link to the post with the issue? Or the specs on the file you're trying to attach?

If you mean that only a link shows up instead of the image showing up inline in the thread, that's because the image is too large so I purposely have it set so that the person has to click to download it. Images that are too large blow out the page width making it hard to navigate. One picture in a thread page then makes it hard for everyone to navigate. Images larger than 1024x1280 will be shown as downloable links.

I also limit most image size to about 3mb max. Any larger and you can't attach them. 3mb is a massive size, big enough for any image.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Sparky

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kal, you answered both my questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: