Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Thoughts on my finished brewery.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Using Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeppman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on my finished brewery. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey everyone,

This is nothing more than some rambling...I just wanted to share my excitement for having a completed, single tier electric brewing system in my basement, and thank Kal and Mike for a extremely informative website, and their corresponding products. My system is 95% a clone of Kal's.

After deciding I was going to take the plunge on an electric system, I stumbled upon theelectribrewery.com. Kal's design basically matched what I was planning, except it was designed far better. After realizing his CP design was superior, and then later realizing I did not have the time, or want to spend the time building my own (thanks to real work), I decided to order a built control panel, heating elements, power cord and HERMS coil from Kal and Mike.

The build quality of all the products is top notch. The heating elements were easy to install and work great. The control panel is beautiful, and also works great. Part of my job is auditing the design of electronic controls, and Mike's work looks better than a lot of the things I see at my job. It really is as nice as it looks in the pictures. The HERMS coil also works great, and is "shaped" better than anything I could of attempted.

In addition to their products, Kal and Mike's customer support was outstanding. I'm paranoid (especially when it comes to brewing), and can be somewhat dense at times when it comes to mechanical items. (Just scroll through recent threads and you'll see all the dumb posts I've started). Kal and Mike were always quick to respond to my questions, even if the answers were obvious or on some part of the website that I was too lazy to read through.

Now all I can think about is brewing. I've run three 5-gal batches on my system, and while none of them are completely finished (should be kegging batch #1 on friday), the initial tasting samples taste significantly better than what I was producing on my old setup.

The system is a joy to brew on. I feel like I'm in complete control of the process, instead of making calculated guesses and feeling lucky if I hit all my numbers on my old system. I'm still getting used to the clean up process, but for the most part, the brewing process is smoother, quicker, and just a lot of fun.

I know this thread is useless with out pics, and I apologize for not having any at this moment. I'll try to snap a few tonight and post them up here.

Anyway, Thanks Kal and Mike, you've definitely helped to grow "the obsession".

Cheers.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're enjoying the setup and thanks for the kind words!

You are absolutely right that this thread is useless without pics... Wink

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
zeppman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here is a picture of the setup. I didn't bother with any close ups, because as I said, I followed Kal's design. Sorry for the quality... not really a photographer.

brewery.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  466.66 KB
 Viewed:  19026 Time(s)

brewery.png

Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good. I like the way the counter flow chiller is mounted. It will give you a couple of lifetimes of enjoyment. Castermmt Mug
Spike Innovations
TheElectricBrewery.com manufacturer

Working on: Your Brewery!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome!

Congrats and thanks for the business!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I guess I could explain a few things... The table was an existing table that I modified (you see the legs I added). The front leg on the left side had to be moved to the right some to allow the clothes dryer door to be able to fully open. I had to build a stand for the control panel, because as you can tell, the furnace is right there. The room is pretty small, so I had to make some tweaks.

There is an exhaust hood, I just didn't get it in the picture. It works great. You can't even really smell it when I'm brewing, unless you go outside!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Using Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: