Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Can't wait to get back to brewing

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coffeediver

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Can't wait to get back to brewing Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Had surgery on my left heel on the 26th of Sept. to remove a bone spur and cannot put any weight on the leg for another 4 weeks. I will have the other heel operated on most likely the on the 1st week of December so will be in the same situation until the middle of January.

I have kegs in the beer fridge downstairs in the man cave/brewery and cannot get to them. I have been spending my time searching the web for recipes and putting them into BeerSmith and setting up 5 am 10 gallon versions of both.

Barry

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know patience is something you have to practice to get good at but waiting just Sucks.

Silverspoons
View user's photo album (6 photos)
KES

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel you pain coffeediver. I'm awaiting surgery on both feet for heel spurs. As soon as workman's comp gets through screwing around. Maybe a very long beer line upstairs attached to a pump? Mug
coffeediver

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why I had the surgery, I have bone spurs on both heels and golf over the summer was torture. Mine are at the back of the heel under the achilles tendon. Doc would not do both at the same time because you can't put any weight so you need one leg to get around. The other will be done in December.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, got the exact same condition. However, I plan on doing both at the same time. I can't afford to be down for the time frame to do one, then the another. Will be a challenge, but it will give me time to read more beer brewing books! Mug
coffeediver

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing I have short term disability at work so I get paid to sit at home. The only downside is I have to go one week with no pay till the disability kicks in. After 15 years I can take up to 26 weeks but only will need 12.

My doc will not do both at the same time because he believes in no weight on the leg for 6 weeks. The incision is about 4 inches long on the inside of the tendon. They gave me crutches but they are a pain in the a$$. I bought a knee scooter that is reversible and will use it for both surgeries and will sell it on craigs list when done. The doc said they sell well and will get most of my $600 back which will be less than the total rental I would have had for 12 weeks.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we each got to do what we got to do. I just hope I got enough time left before surgery to finish the brew room build and get the rest of the parts purchased and installed. Good luck to you on the surgery and recovery, Barry! Mug
coffeediver

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to you also.

My problem is I have a finished Kal clone and can't use it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: