Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Brewing software for Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparky

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Brewing software for Mac Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Can someone recommend a brewing software for Mac? NOTE that I do not want to run parallels, or switch over to virtual pc style. So, looking for an OSX version (I have 10.6.6). I used to have Promash, but HATED running it on clunky virtual PC mode. Thanks!
Feurhund

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Beeralchemy on my ipad and it has been OK. Beersmith is on my PC and I like the mash editing auto calculating better. That being said I think i will like ALchemy better once I learn it.
NattyBrew

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used Beer Tools Pro on my Macbook for the past three years and am pretty happy with it. Like you I was looking for a Mac compatible program and Beer Tools has kept me pretty happy. I don't know how much you really lean on software for you brewing, I think I probably use about 50% of the options in the program. I am pretty sure that you can download a free trial and see if you like it.

Matt
silverspoons

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use beer tools pro on a Mac.. Very happy. I think there's a 30 day free trial you can try.

Silver spoons
View user's photo album (6 photos)
rmessick

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the same question as Sparky on many occasions - I have Beer Alchemy on my Mac, and I like it ok. I also use iBrewMaster iPad for my iPad, which I like a lot better. Primarily I use a copy of ProMash on the old Windows machine in the basement :-\

I should be a better Mac user Wink

-Dick
View user's photo album (3 photos)
Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beer Smith say's they have a Mac version. I use this on my PC and like it very much, It makes life much simpler.
It has a 21 day free trail, so nothing to lose.
http://www.beersmith.com/download-beersmith/

Copy and Paste from their site;

Macintosh and Windows

BeerSmith 2 is available for the first time on the Macintosh platform (all intel-based Macs with OSX/10.5/Leopard or higher) as well as Windows 7, Vista and XP. The Macintosh and PC versions are nearly identical, and share common file formats including BeerSmith 1.x support.
Andrewa

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many software available for this purpose you can easily find these software through google because google is the best choice for finding anything.It's very helpful for us in all matters.

Drinking: Keg 1- Hefenweizen, Keg 2- Vanilla Scotch Porter, Keg 3-Munich Helles

Working on: Stinky IPA

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Beersmith on my Mac and it is great. In fact I store all my files in Dropbox and then use Beersmith on my windows7 laptop. It's fabulous. I also have ibrewmaster but don't care for it. Beersmith is just so comprehensive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: