Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Custom Black Anodized Heat Sink

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Custom Black Anodized Heat Sink Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Custom Black Anodized Heat Sink

Large black anodized heat sinks are nearly impossible to find at reasonable prices. We spent months and months scouring eBay to find one single used heat sink to use on our personal control panel and still ended up spending over $100 USD once all was said and done!

To make life easier for those who wish to build their own control panel, we've partnered with a manufacturer to purchase large aluminum heat sinks in volume (reducing the cost). We then have them professionally anodized in batches (again to save cost) to a custom black finish to match the control panel.

The height of the heat sink is purposely matched to be the exact same height as the handles we use on our control panel. A perfect fit which protects the heat sink.

This heat sink is already included in all control panel kits. There is no need to purchase a separate heat sink if purchasing a control panel kit.

For more information visit our order page. GO »

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:01 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Sparky

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kal, I just placed an order for one since it is time to build my panel.
Keep those deals coming!
Spike Innovations
TheElectricBrewery.com manufacturer

Working on: Your Brewery!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick thought:

The more pre-orders we get, the faster I can ship these things out to you guys!

Ordering a large amount of heatsinks was the only way to keep prices low. Expected ship date is near the end of March.

Don't let this detour or delay you from creating your own panel however, as 99% of the work on the panel can be done without the heatsink. It is easily attached and the final portions finished (mounting and wiring of the SSR's) even with a fully wired box. I found following Kal's cutout guide (the large rectangle) worked extremely well for this heatsink.

Mike

Last edited by Spike Innovations on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparky wrote:
Thanks Kal, I just placed an order for one since it is time to build my panel.
Keep those deals coming!

Thanks for the order Sparky!

And Mike is (of course) right! We want to get these out ASAP so place your orders!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Spike Innovations

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUICK UPDATE:

Pre-order sale for the Custom Anodized Heatsink will end SUNDAY MARCH 13th!

Get your orders in before this date to guarantee yourself one. Availability after the pre-sale may be limited.

Thanks again to all those who have already pre-ordered. You will be given updates as to the status of your order both through this thread and email as well.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What method are you using for shipping internationally? I try to avoid UPS et al whenever possible as they all ding you at the Canadian border for a brokerage fee which is easily avoided by shipping USPS.
View user's photo album (3 photos)
Spike Innovations

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirteen wrote:
What method are you using for shipping internationally? I try to avoid UPS et al whenever possible as they all ding you at the Canadian border for a brokerage fee which is easily avoided by shipping USPS.

These will be shipped out USPS as it seems to be the cheapest option, especially for international buyers.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a friendly reminder Very Happy

The pre-sale for the Custom Anodized Heatsink ends this upcoming Sunday, March 13th!

Place your orders before then to guarantee your own. Availability may be limited after the pre-sale has ended.

Thanks again to all that have already ordered!

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to extend the presale until 4:30 EST today. If you want to guarantee that you get a heatsink in this first order, please reserve yours before that time. Quantities WILL be limited after this point. Units will be shipping around the end of March.

Thanks!
Mike

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The order for the first batch of Custom Black Anodized Heatsinks was placed March 14th.
Units are still available for sale, and all orders will begin shipping the end of March.

Thanks to all that pre-ordered!

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heatsinks are finished!

Please expect to be receiving shipment confirmations over the next few days as orders are fulfilled. Thank you to everyone who already has placed an order!

Heatsinks are now IN STOCK

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Uncle Spke Rules! Reply with quote

I received my order today and want to give a BIG THANKS to Uncle Spike for a fantastic job!
The anodized, black heat sink is sooo beautiful. Take a look at the pic in the first post. Yeah, that's it.
and.....
Spike went the extra mile on the temp probes, per my spec's.
Excellent packing, great communication - a fantastic job!
The end product is perfect, like I did it myself, except without the scraped knuckles!

Naw, this is not a promo post. But, if Uncle Spike threw in a bottle of Gin, then it would be. Mug
Keep up the great work and looking forward to MORE products (like the SS HLT coil).
Spike Innovations

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick FYI:

The response to these custom heatsinks has been great! Our first order has completely sold out! More are already on order and should be available within a week.

We are still accepting orders, and your order will be shipped as soon as they are back in stock.

Thanks for all the support so far!

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Custom Anodized Heatsinks are now back in stock!

Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: