Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Brew room

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaikoasurf

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Brew room Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Kal,
Just wanted to say that I'm building a new house and got the damn engineer laughing when I gave them the spec's for my beer brewing room.

My Girlfriend hates you! But i'm sure alot of them do lol

Will post pic's as the build continues. What size duct would you recommend since i'm building a new brew room?
-Steve Mug

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is funny. It's a good thing my wife just wishes I would get done with the build, but she loves the idea of great home brew. Girl friends can be replaced Laughing
Burglar

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my wife's idea to build our system. Lucky me.
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Brew room Reply with quote

kaikoasurf wrote:
Kal,
Just wanted to say that I'm building a new house and got the damn engineer laughing when I gave them the spec's for my beer brewing room.

My Girlfriend hates you! But i'm sure alot of them do lol

Will post pic's as the build continues. What size duct would you recommend since i'm building a new brew room?
-Steve Mug

For the ventilation? Always best to use the largest duct size you can (within reason). A 6" duct to go with the 6" fan (assuming you use the same one I do) is great. I wouldn't bother with anything larger. Mine's all 6" except for the last foot or so through the wall. That's only 4". That works fine too but if I was building from scratch I'd put in 6" all the way.

For more info read my article on ventilation: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/ventilation

More specifically, read the tips here: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/ventilation?page=6

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
jrobertson66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too funny...! I've been in a similar boat here for a while now. I've been wanting to re-org the basement in order to get my brewing out of the kitchen/garage. I've been resistant to the prospect of moving to a new house but mommy's been teasing me with the idea of building a new house that will incorporate a special 'brewery' in the basement.

Looks like we're moving.

JR
pola0502ds

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrobertson66 wrote:
Too funny...! I've been in a similar boat here for a while now. I've been wanting to re-org the basement in order to get my brewing out of the kitchen/garage. I've been resistant to the prospect of moving to a new house but mommy's been teasing me with the idea of building a new house that will incorporate a special 'brewery' in the basement.

Looks like we're moving.

JR

Your very lucky!
Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sure know how to get us to do what they want us to do. I thought $2600 was a lot for a home brewery, but to build a house around one has to be a record. LOL, Castermmt Mug
kaikoasurf

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol this all started out because she wanted a dog...long story.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I need to turn my wife into a dog lover!
kaikoasurf

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... Wired a 220 outlet in the garage and going to put some tile hopefully and a nice vent..
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: