Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Supply house woes...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nixbesser

Drinking: the last of the Pumpkin Ale

Working on: N/A Building Electric Brewery

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Supply house woes... Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
In the past I've purchased brewing equipment from some of the folks that Kal has used with no problems, my experience has been a bit different building the Electric Brewery.

-I purchased SS fittings from the folks out west (I'm not naming names) and received a used and deformed SS street elbow and they shorted me 1 SS QD. (they were more than happy to correct the errors)

-I purchased the control panel enclosure and received the wrong size! It was 5 inches deep instead of 8 inches. They informed me that they were out of the 16X16X8 , however they had a 16X20X8 which I chose at no extra cost.

-The 3 way switch for the element select was defective. (the locking cam device was poorly cast and was very thin) All of the 2 way switches were fine. I just notified them today...we'll see how they respond.

-The folks that import the voltmeter ran out of them and they are waiting for a shipment from China. The ammeter arrived on time with no issues.

If it weren't for all of the SNAFU's I'd be done with the control panel door.

OK, I'm done venting...time for a beer.

Still trying to figure out how to add pictures.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the part of the online ordering world I dislike the most. It might save you a few bucks, but its much less personal than buying locally and you're never 100% sure of what you're going to get. Your experiences sound like good reason for folk looking to start building their own panel to buy direct from this site, as the parts are all pre-tested and you recieve them all at once. (no waiting for two to four weeks for some part to be shipped from china) I gave up on the supplier "out west" as it takes them eons for them to ship to Florida. Last order took them 3 days to ship and 7 "business" days to get here after that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: