Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Brewing Commerical

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwpumo

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Brewing Commerical Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
For those of you that have used this equipment.

Do you think this is a potentially viable short-term solution for a start-up brew pub? My plan is to start very small and brew often until I can produce larger quantities. Or do you think that the cleaning process would take too long to make it worthwhile? Any info or help would be great. Also, has anyone built this system from scratch and have an estimated price range? I'm guessing $10k or so? Thanks.

Dan
busted knuckle

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Brewing Commerical Reply with quote

dwpumo wrote:
For those of you that have used this equipment.

Do you think this is a potentially viable short-term solution for a start-up brew pub? My plan is to start very small and brew often until I can produce larger quantities. Or do you think that the cleaning process would take too long to make it worthwhile? Any info or help would be great. Also, has anyone built this system from scratch and have an estimated price range? I'm guessing $10k or so? Thanks.

Dan

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/FAQ

IMO I think you're are better off saving up for a bigger system if your long term goal is to start a brew-pub. This system is a great home system or brew pub trial and error system to dial in some new recipes.
Spartan

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd think that if you were determined to use this system, you'd want to be able to do back to back brews, which would require 50 amps and different wiring.
cbraun77s

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would save money to buy a commercial set-up. If you are going to go commercial, you should buy what you want to eventually produce. I built a similar set up with pots from Stout Tanks and spent somewhere safely under 4K. However, I had a knowledgeable friend help out a lot. This set up is for home brewing only. It just makes you feel like a semi-pro. You need to have at least a 3BBL-7BBL system for a brew pub, in my opinion. Additionally, the transition from 15-20 gallon brews to barrels is drastic. You will not replicate your "small batch" beers on the larger scale. At least not until several tries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: