Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Control Panel Wiring Kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Control Panel Wiring Kit Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Control Panel Wiring Kit

This kit provides you with everything you need wire up your control panel nice and neat as per the instructions on our website. It is intended for someone who wants to source all of the control panel parts themselves but is having difficulty finding these smaller parts.

The kit is already included in our Control Panel kits - there's no need to buy this wiring kit separately.

For complete details visit our order page. GO »

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:37 pm; edited 7 times in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
sjch

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Received a wiring set Reply with quote

Hi,

I just received the wiring set I ordered earlier.
The order was handled very well. I asked them to add a fuseholder and the two 8-position strips, which was no problem at all. I received an additional paypal bill the same day to cover the additional cost.

packaging was very well done, with plenty of bubblewrap and other protection. (although not much of this can be damaged, it is nice for an international shipment to make it across the ocean to Norway without damage).

All items are nicely labeled and a part list was also included.

Just to say that I am a happy customer.
Im interested to see which other products are coming in the next few weeks!

cheers from sunny Norway.

wiringkit.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  wiringkit.jpg
 Filesize:  482.14 KB
 Downloaded:  1605 Time(s)

Spike Innovations
TheElectricBrewery.com manufacturer

Working on: Your Brewery!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Received a wiring set Reply with quote

sjch wrote:
Hi,

I just received the wiring set I ordered earlier.
The order was handled very well. I asked them to add a fuseholder and the two 8-position strips, which was no problem at all. I received an additional paypal bill the same day to cover the additional cost.

packaging was very well done, with plenty of bubblewrap and other protection. (although not much of this can be damaged, it is nice for an international shipment to make it across the ocean to Norway without damage).

All items are nicely labeled and a part list was also included.

Just to say that I am a happy customer.
Im interested to see which other products are coming in the next few weeks!

cheers from sunny Norway.

Thank you for your order, and your kind feedback!

Glad to hear that everything made it over the "pond" just fine.

Be sure to keep us updated on your build

-Mike

Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Due to popular demand, the following items are now included in the kit as well:

- (Qty: 2) 8 position terminal strip, 20 amp
- (Qty: 1) In-line fuse holder for 6.3x32mm fuses, rated to at least 7A/125V
- (Qty: 1) 7A/250V fast blow fuse, glass tube 6.3x32mm

Kal

Last edited by kal on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ash4Hogs

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who did it the old fashioned way....BUY THiS! Way easier and about the same price as I spent. I wish I had started six months later! Thanks for all the support Kal and Spike! You're providing great support to us!

All the best,

Ash
chutracheese

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to give two huge thumbs up for this.
I couldn't recommend getting this any more and saving yourself the headache of finding all of it separately.
That and Mike's customer service is top notch.
I emailed him with a problem and he really helped me out.
Thanks, Mike!
mnoltimier

Drinking: Big Nut Brown Ale, Sky Pond Pale Ale, Smashin' Punkin, Berlinner Weisse, Vienna Lager, Hopulence IIPA, Helles Angels

Working on: Maude Flanders Red, Gallagher's Watermelon Wheat

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved my wire kit... but I was crazy short of the 22 gauge wire needed for my panel. Maybe it was my layout but I had to go buy 3 ft of 7 strand telephone wire to make up the difference. I used all but 1 strand so I was 18 feet short. They were all for the XLR temp probe connections... where'd I go wrong here? You can see pictures on my Mitch's Electric Brewery post.
View user's photo album (45 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mnoltimier wrote:
Loved my wire kit... but I was crazy short of the 22 gauge wire needed for my panel. Maybe it was my layout but I had to go buy 3 ft of 7 strand telephone wire to make up the difference. I used all but 1 strand so I was 18 feet short. They were all for the XLR temp probe connections... where'd I go wrong here? You can see pictures on my Mitch's Electric Brewery post.

Strange. We supply 36' of the 22 ga wire which we left room for extra. I'll ask Mike to re-recheck/re-assess. Anyone else have an issue? I originally measured up the amount in my panel and then added some extra just to be safe.

Kal

huaco

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep... I was about 3-4 feet shy as well. I ended up using an old CAT 5 patch cable. Used that for signal wire to the SSRs. I had the larger box. Don't know if that contributed to it or not... but I was definitely short on small ga. wire.
View user's photo album (10 photos)
sincere01

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't finished the wiring on my control panel yet but I also ordered the kit. So far it looks as though I may be short on the 22AWG as well. But I haven't even come close to finishing so I wont know til I get there.

I guess where I was questioning concerning this is in the diagram for wiring up the PID's it shows to send 22AWG for the DC signal to the SSR's. But in the picture the blue wire that is going to that side of the SSR's is obviously bigger than 22. Like I said I haven't gone all the way through but looking at what I have on hand I may have enough 14 black from the kit left over to run from the PID's to the SSR's which would leave me enough for the probes.
http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/control-panel-part-2?page=11

I'll update when I finish to let you know.

mnoltimier, did you run 22 to the ssrs?
huaco

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think the entire bundle of 22ga wire should be lengthened by 3' or so...
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22 ga to th DC/control side of the SSRs is fine. I used 14 ga blue simply because I had some.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: We're increasing the amount of 22ga from 36 feet to 60 feet total just to make sure people have enough.

Kal

huaco

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome...
mnoltimier

Drinking: Big Nut Brown Ale, Sky Pond Pale Ale, Smashin' Punkin, Berlinner Weisse, Vienna Lager, Hopulence IIPA, Helles Angels

Working on: Maude Flanders Red, Gallagher's Watermelon Wheat

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... I used the 22 gauge for the SSR's like the picture show. Thanks Kal! Great again...

~Mitch
View user's photo album (45 photos)
Sambow

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kal,

Do you guys currently produce a wiring kit for the 50A back-to-back panel? If not, is there any talk of doing so in the near future?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sambow wrote:
Do you guys currently produce a wiring kit for the 50A back-to-back panel? If not, is there any talk of doing so in the near future?

We do not have a wiring kit for any of the 50A panels. There's been very little interest in a wiring kit for either 50A panel so it's not something we're thinking of doing any time in the near future. Most people that are interested in building their own 50A panel purchase the complete kit to ensure that they have the right parts and it typically costs them less. We tend to use better parts (such as the switches) than what it typically sold through other outlets too.

Kal

kevine579

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Fuse Holder part Reply with quote

Kal,

Do you have a link to the actual fuse holder as I cannot seem to find the correct one? I want to replace the one of them in our 50amp system as it looks a little charred.

Thanks,

Kevin

Belford Brewing Company
Belford NJ
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuse Holder part Reply with quote

kevine579 wrote:
Kal,

Do you have a link to the actual fuse holder as I cannot seem to find the correct one? I want to replace the one of them in our 50amp system as it looks a little charred.

Thanks,

Kevin

Belford Brewing Company
Belford NJ

I do not sorry! I don't thunk they're from a place that has an online store (they're meant for large scale commercial orders only I believe).

This may help give you extra info:

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/30A-250V-2-pole-glass-fuse-holder

Kal

huaco

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Fuse Holder part Reply with quote

kevine579 wrote:
Kal,

Thanks,

Kevin

Belford Brewing Company
Belford NJ

Mine recently charred as well. I had FITS trying to find the same fuse holder. I ended up using 30 amp, push-button breakers. It's got a few brews on it with the pair of breakers installed and it seems to be doing well.

(NOTICE: It's probably not the "kosher" way to do it per code and all, but it works.)

Something like this.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GGONYM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000GGONYM&linkCode=as2&tag=theelectricbrewery-20&linkId=YCC3S4E5STFUWY2E

Kal, fix for your benefit please. (Done! Thanks!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: