Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

spring in the north east

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: spring in the north east Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So with this crazy nice weather in the NE, my palate is longing for something new. A nice cantillion gueze, a weihenstepthen hefe or a frankischoner. Something sour or sweet. A good Flanders red would sit right. Anyone else have an urge for a summer beer, maybe a crisp pils? Wish my old bruin was ready, only 6 more months Sad

Oh well, I guess a harpoon UFO wheat at the airport will do.
View user's photo album (12 photos)
Feurhund

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's depressing, but I have been sick on and off with my infant son in daycare and I haven't had a beer or craving for a beer in weeks. Once I kick this cold though I am going to crush a couple chalice fills of my Belgian tripel that I dry hopped with Styrian goldings and secondaried with Orval dregs and Hungarian oak cubes. Can't wait.
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had something special on tap, I have a brown ale which is ok, a wheat beer I made with s33 as an experiment, failed, and apfel wine, which is great but equals headache city. I got some good stuff in kegs, but I need to drink up to get them on tap
Enggboy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple friends and I are going to be starting a raspberry wheat ale this weekend. We are just using modified Brewhouse kits now and once we rack to secondary we will be adding the pasteurised raspberries to give it a good fruity kick. Perfect for those hot summer days!
Feurhund

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to say I am sipping my Tripel as we speak. Goes well with Thai food and they are synergizing nicely to open my sinuses. Beer is good.
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I come over for raspberry wheat? Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Watch out for that secondary fermentation
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: