Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

how much?!!£!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crush

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: how much?!!£! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I just got hit with a double-whammy today. I'm already broke from buying all the bits for the electric brewery. Today, the invoice for shipping all the goods to Norway and import duties arrived. $775!

Only I didn't discover that until I'd already been to the local hardware store to pick up the timber and fastenings for the brew stand. The timber was $140, and the fastenings were $110, and 1qt of pre-stain was $30! I remember having culture-shock about the prices in Norway when I moved here, seems like it's all happening over again!

I hope someone has some comforting advice about why it's good that Norwegians pay so much for our goods! Very Happy

coffeediver

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you being punished and over taxed because of anti Viking bias?

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can sell your home brew without government interference. You will quickly recoup those losses. Smile
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's common knowledge that more expensive setups produce tastier beer. Yours should be downright delicious! Wink

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Stuttgarter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crush,

I know what you mean. My year in Norway was the most expensive in my life despite being in tax exempt status (I was a low-level diplomat). Your 24% sales tax only addresses part of the price increase the rest is pure price gouge.

Look on the bright side, you buy good you buy once. You bought good. Thumbs Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: