Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

dremel for cutting PID openings

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silverspoons

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: dremel for cutting PID openings Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
many are talking about cutting the square and rectangle openings for the PIDs and their volt meters. I used a dremel with metal cutting wheels. didn't drill, just plunged cut into the metal. cut very quickly and made nice square corners. the metal cutting wheels are very inexpensive and come is packages of a dozen or so. it took about three or four wheels to cut each opening as they wear down pretty fast. a shop vac nearby to suck up all the dust. much easier than drilling and using a saw and no vibration.
View user's photo album (6 photos)
ajt012

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
i used my dremel for the square holes too and it worked out great. I just got a little carried away with some of the sanding to smooth out the edges, so there's some holes when the PIDs/Timer are in. But nothing some black calk can't fix..(and open the floor for 'black calk' jokes)
crush

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely try this - I've cut with these discs before and they like to go in fairly straight lines! Are the dremel cutting discs diamond coated? I have some diamond coated discs that I hope will last a bit longer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: