Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

I wanted to be the first...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tri_joel

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: I wanted to be the first... Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
... to post this topic -- Homebrew gives me gas.

Rolling Eyes
Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a bomb dropper, that's OK, Just as long as you don't think gas is a bad thing. LOL Drunk Cross Embarassed

You may want to try to sit while drinking home brews, so you don't disturb the CO2, but that creates a different dilemma, the more gas you release the more room for beer and that can't be a bad thing. Well hell, I guess its OK as long as you don't loose the bet, make sure its only a fart. Mug
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that interesting, not sure what to say.
View user's photo album (12 photos)
Stuttgarter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri-joel, around here that statement is as bad as farting in church. How many different styles of home brew have you tried? How much experience brewing do you have? It all has to do with the yeast. If I drink a quart of Hefe Weissen, I'm sleeping with the dog in the basement because of the winds. At no time in my 30 year drinking career has home-brew ever done anything except give me great taste and a good buzz (Hefe Weissen being the exception). You need to drink better home-brew or take Bean-O before drinking. I recommend you stop drinking that crap brewed out of of an old radiator and some part from the toilet and start drinking real home-brew. Very Happy
crush

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the yeast. If the beer is particularly yeasty, then gas will be the least of your worries.
tri_joel

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - I just wanted to have the first of what I'm sure will be several posts about homebrew and gas.

I'm espicially good at flatulence.

Here is some info from askmen.com:

Why flatulence smells
So why do farts smell? Fermented food produces different types of fumes, some of which smell. Flatulence contains odorless gases, such as nitrogen, carbon dioxide, oxygen, and methane, but it also contains the "oh-so-nasty" hydrogen sulfide, which causes the smell. If you have not noticed by now, some of the aforementioned fumes are flammable, like methane and oxygen, so you can, in fact, burn farts. Yes, you can set them aflame; it is not a myth, and it's a great way to impress the girls too (you do know we're joking?).
Stuttgarter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri-joel, you're seem to be a good guy but you need to know how to prep yourself for the big game. It appears your stomach is missing some flora, maybe you have been on antibiotics or other medication, so replace that flora. You live in N. VA so go to Whole Foods or Wegmanns and get some supplements that restore flora (you've probably had a lot of heartburn lately also). I don't know what it is called in America but we call it Multi-Flor in Germany, take that. Take that stuff for two weeks and you'll feel better. Then drink a home-brew and I promise you'll be cured. Don't blame the beer! Your stomach is messed up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: