Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

commission?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajt012

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: commission? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So Kal,
about how much of a commission do you get from amazon when people use your links? Cuz i just spend about 500 bucks buying all my books for the semester using your links.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

It varies on the volume of sales done by month and also the product. Typically between 4-7% of the selling price. So likely between $20-35. Thank you!

The good news is that it costs the buyer nothing extra. It's just less profit in Amazon's pocket at the end of the day. It's called 'affiliate' programs. Amazon is basically paying other sites like us a small commission to do the sales/marketing for them and is very happy to do it.

It also works for anything you purchase from Amazon, not just the item you first clicked on (such as your textbooks!). So using any Amazon link I published here takes you to Amazon.com after which you can order anything you like and support the affiliate you clicked through.

Thanks for the order and using our links - it's appreciated!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Stuttgarter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep,
Bought cook books worth $32 for the SWMBO using Kal's links. I wanted to buy electric brewery stuff but Amazon won't ship or wants me to use Amazon.de instead. Kal do you get a commission from Amazon.de?
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope! Only Amazon.com.

All of the Amazon sites have affiliate programs but they're all run individually so I'd have to sign up for each separately and manage them separately. A problem since they don't provide translation services. (I only speak 3 languages, and German is not one of them!).

It's not worth it as most of my audience is from US/Canada. I did run an affiliate program from Amazon.co.uk through my home theater site but after not making $1 over the first year I stopped. Obviously not worth it.

Thanks for thinking of us however!

Kal

milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ich Sprechen ein Beisen Deutsch.
View user's photo album (12 photos)
Stuttgarter

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kal
I'll continue using Amazon.com and the parcel forwarding service so that you get the commission.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuttgarter wrote:
Thanks Kal
I'll continue using Amazon.com and the parcel forwarding service so that you get the commission.

Thank you! It's appreciated!

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: