Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Beer + Blues = Happy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brewmcq

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Beer + Blues = Happy! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I front (guitar and vocals) a 3-piece blues band up here in the frozen tundra. We've just recently found a new bass player, after being on a forced 6-month hiatus (last bassist had to go after I caught him stealing stuff).

So for kicks and giggles, I hooked up my laptop to the "tape out" on my mixer and clicked "record". So it's not perfect, both in sound quality as well as performance quality, but this is what I'm doing when I'm not working on the Pub or obsessing about brewing.

This is a live, one-take track that came out fairly well. It would sound much better on a good stereo system, but it's not too bad on laptop speakers. Hope you enjoy it. Smile

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_6705419

FMI on the band and our vision of bringing blues into a more modern era (Cream had the same idea back in the 60's): http://www.doubletapblues.com
Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice tune! I'm sure it even sounds better live. Beer and Blues, go hand and hand, like peas and carrots. Laughing

I was listing to some Warren Haynes (Soul Shine) last night while relaxing in the hot tub thinking about a friend who passed away yesterday. You gotta love them blues!

Mug
brewmcq

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Caster!

And yeah.. with the two 18" subs doing their thumpthumpa thing, it'll shake a building. Smile

Love dem blooze.
crush

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like it, nice growl! I play keyboards...could just imagine a nice hammond solo in the middle there! Very Happy
brewmcq

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew I liked you, crush. Smile I would love to add a Hammond to the lineup.

But a Hammond solo would take away MY solo time. Wink
crush

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brewmcq wrote:
I knew I liked you, crush. Smile I would love to add a Hammond to the lineup.

But a Hammond solo would take away MY solo time. Wink

Nah, we could just draw the song out a 10-15 minutes more! Very Happy After all, it's a great feel good song, reflects the chilled out contented feeling of enjoying a good beer, and surely will get the punters buying more beer, even better than salty peanuts! Very Happy So let's stretch it to 20 mins! Very Happy
View user's photo album (1 photos)
brewmcq

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a deal. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: