Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Interested in building/selling Electric Brewing setups?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Interested in building/selling Electric Brewing setups? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
JAN 18, 2011 update: OUR SEARCH HAS ENDED! We are currently in the process of working with a manufacturer in the US to help us build and sell our Electric Brewery setups to other passionate brewers! Stay tuned!

---------------------

We're looking for a business partner in the US to help us build and sell our Electric Brewery setups to other passionate brewers! Interested? Contact us at kal@theelectricbrewery.com and tell us why you qualify!

Please include any experience you have in: Manufacturing, electrical systems/electronics, running your own business, etc. Please include any pictures of similar electric setups or control panels you've built in the past.

At this time we're only considering someone from the US as it will greatly reduce the shipping costs of both receiving parts and shipping out the final product(s).

Cheers!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Boogie-D

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool KAL... good move..... I wished i lived on the mainland... i would love to partner with you on this but living in hawaii wont be of much benifit to you... North Shore Brewing Company would be way stoked to recieve your first pub build using 55 gallon pots.. keep us updated

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal,
Have you thought about selling kits? Where the panel is cut up, filed, possibly painted. Comes with SSR, heat sinks, buttons, switches, buzzers, enough wiring, PID's, etc? After hours maybe days on ebay, amazon, interweb, trying to figure out what switch you are talking about, if a 500V meter will work, why does the SSR I find say 24-480 and you suggest 90-480, etc. and after spending the day cutting my panel up, I could see where a kit with a lot of the stuff done that requires tool that many people dont have, could be valuable. This would also get you around UL stuff in the states. The added benefit is that people are learning how these things work, so it something breaks or they want to enhance it, they have an idea of whats going on.

Just a thought.
View user's photo album (12 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! I've thought about it! We're still working out possibilities/details/etc.

Kal

Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal, I have a buddy looking at the your panels right now. He already builds panels as a side business and may be interested doing the panel builds and maybe the cables if he could make money doing it. He does really nice work for a company that builds large commercial coolers. I make sure if he's interested he contacts you directly. He works with me (Millwright) in a steel mill just outside of Chicago as an electrician (one of the best I've ever seen) and is very capable. Castermmt
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Have him contact me if interested with the appropriate details. Thanks!

Kal

rondacker

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal
I attempted a PM..I guess I'm too new here. Been reading this forum for a while.
I'm a building automation guy, with many years experience in panel design/building and troubleshooting.
Currently, I'm a Project Manager.
My responsibilities include engineering, material procurement, labor management.
I still work in the shop/field, just to keep my credibility with my crews.Wink

I'm interested in the details.
I'm located in upstate New York.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rondacker wrote:
Kal
I attempted a PM..I guess I'm too new here. Been reading this forum for a while.
I'm a building automation guy, with many years experience in panel design/building and troubleshooting.
Currently, I'm a Project Manager.
My responsibilities include engineering, material procurement, labor management.
I still work in the shop/field, just to keep my credibility with my crews.Wink

I'm interested in the details.
I'm located in upstate New York.

Hi!

Please contact me at kal@theelectricbrewery.com.

Please include any experience you have in: Manufacturing, electrical systems/electronics, running your own business, etc.

Please include any pictures of similar electric setups or control panels you've built in the past.

Thanks!

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAN 18, 2011 update: We are currently in the process of working with a manufacturer in the US to help us build and sell our Electric Brewery setups to other passionate brewers! Stay tuned!

Kal

milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any thoughts on initial pricing? Some members of my club are interested in the kal clone I am building. They might be willing to by a turn key version.
View user's photo album (12 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. No idea yet and I don't want to guess.

As soon as any information is available it will be provided.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See here for an introduction from our new manufacturer:

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24740

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: