Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Tasting Glasses

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brewmcq

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Tasting Glasses Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I've been looking around online for sets of 4oz or 5oz tasting glasses.. the best price I've found is roughly $2.50 - $3 per glass, which I think is excessive... any leads on a less expensive source?

Thanks!
Greg

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a search online and came up with the same result. I'd suggest checking local sanitary/restaurant stores although you'd most likely have to order 2 cases or 24 glasses. Other options, check WalMart, Target, dollar stores. I've seen small glasses similar to the Anchor Hocking 5 Oz Barbary beer tasting glass that I assume you're looking for.
View user's photo album (19 photos)
brewmcq

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,

Oddly, "Anchor Hocking [etc]" never came up as a descriptor for the glasses I was seeking.. I was simply searching for "tasting glasses" or "dessert shot glasses"... Doing a separate search, using "Anchor Hocking" netted me some much better results... I can justify ~$1.50 each plus shipping.

Thank you so much!
Greg

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly welcome, glad to help! Libbey should also make something in that exact style and size. They're the same glasses a local micro-brew/pub uses for samples.

I was going to link you to that site or one similar you did but I was looking for this style:

not this

Odd, same glass as they're both listed as the AH 93013... although the top is 5oz. and the bottom is 4.5oz.
View user's photo album (19 photos)
brewmcq

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an oddity.. somewhere, some web data entry person typed a wrong number in, I'm sure.. Smile

I do like the slightly larger flare on the bottom glass (the 4.5oz). Since I make paddles for other applications, I'm going to make a few of my own, customized to my home pub, but with holes drilled all the way through, instead of the glasses just sitting on the paddle... so a little extra flare at the top will give me some piece of mind that the paddle won't wear out and the glass slide through.. Wink
jask

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brewmcq wrote:
That is an oddity.. somewhere, some web data entry person typed a wrong number in, I'm sure.. Smile

I do like the slightly larger flare on the bottom glass (the 4.5oz). Since I make paddles for other applications, I'm going to make a few of my own, customized to my home pub, but with holes drilled all the way through, instead of the glasses just sitting on the paddle... so a little extra flare at the top will give me some piece of mind that the paddle won't wear out and the glass slide through.. Wink

Paddles for brewing? or canoeing? A local brewpub has a sampler of four styles that they bring to the table on a wooden strip tray with 4 holes let into it..... but that seems kind of dull and boring now!
brewmcq

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jask.. none of the above.. lol
jask

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brewmcq wrote:
@jask.. none of the above.. lol

Laughing Mug
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is sounding kinky, please tell Smile
View user's photo album (12 photos)
brewmcq

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I'm just gonna let you wonder. Wink
edasaurus

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another option if you want more of a straight-sided glass:

http://www.amazon.com/Anchor-Hocking-Heavy-Base-5-Ounce-Glasses/dp/B000QU1UEE/ref=pd_bxgy_k_text_b
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: