Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Dryer Wall Pug

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Dryer Wall Pug Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Kal and all,
From you pics, it looks like you ran conduit from the breaker box to 1 or 2 gang metal outlet box for the dryer plug. The box you used for house the dryer receptacle does not look water tight. Is it and the pictures are deceiving? I need to do the same thing, I have a concrete wall that I mounting my panel to and need to run conduit for the cable. I was thinking about using a surface mount dryer plug, but I doubt these are water tight also. I assume the connection itself is not water tight, but I figured I would try to seal the box as much as possible. I was also thinking about mounting a cover over it to prevent splashes.

for 10 shipped, that is cheaper then buying the plug at Lowes and the box.
http://cgi.ebay.com/P-S-Dryer-Outlet-Receptacle-30A-14-30-125-250V-3884-/350422401314?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5196cd8122#ht_3233wt_932

Thanks,.
View user's photo album (12 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct. Our metal outlet box is not 100% waterproof. The electricians we consulted with told us it was not a requirement but there's certainly no harm in having something that is somewhat splashproof. Watertight can only be done if rubber boots are used to completely seal the plug when connected.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, think I might try the surface mount box and putting some sort of splash guard on top of it.

Thansk
View user's photo album (12 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems!

Part of the reasons why we went with more splash/water-proof with the control panel is because we wanted something that could (possibly) be used to brew elsewhere, even outdoors. In our brewery the 240V/30A dryer wall outlet does not move of course.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: